The economic situation in the world often causes concern on the part of people who are worried about the safety of their assets. For this reason, at the moment there are very few truly reliable areas for investment since not all people can adequately determine where to put money in order to get the greatest profit. Мany people invest in real estate, currency, and so on — these are some of the most common options. However, cryptocurrencies are also becoming increasingly popular among investors.
At the moment, there are several progressive cryptocurrencies on the market, one of which is Tether. USDT is a cryptocurrency developed on the Bitcoin blockchain, the issue of which is provided by an equivalent amount of fiat currency, in this case, the US dollar. In other words, USDT is a digital analog of the dollar but isn’t the dollar itself. Coins tied to the exchange rate of a certain currency are called stablecoins or stable cryptocurrencies. Users can buy usdt with credit card, debit card, or online wallet.
The Main Directions of Using USDT
In fact, USDT is a fairly universal cryptocurrency. Here are the most common uses of Tether:
- trading on the crypto exchange, — it’s inconvenient and costly to use fiat for this, and a digital asset, equated in value to fiat, is a convenient variant of a trading instrument;
- payments, — paying for goods and services, more and more people use stablecoins, because, with cryptocurrency, this is not so reliable, since its value may fall or rise, as a result, either the seller or the buyer will suffer losses;
- crypto lending, — many of the platforms offering loans in cryptocurrency or secured by cryptocurrency work with stable coins, and at the same time, interest rates can be much more pleasant than in a bank, and thanks to the stable cost, you can not worry about the fact that the cryptocurrency will become cheaper.
Like other stablecoins, USDT is no longer used for investments, but for transferring the value of the underlying asset to the cryptocurrency environment. It can be conveniently converted into dollars and vice versa, used for trading other digital assets, for working with DeFi protocols, etc.
Where Can I Buy and Sell Tether (USDT)?
For a safe and convenient purchase of Tether (USDT), the best option is to use reliable and popular cryptocurrency exchanges that support the deposit and withdrawal of funds in dollars, euros, hryvnia, rubles, and other currencies. To choose a quality exchange, the following criteria should be taken into account:
- reliability of operation, —stability of access to all functions of the platform, including uninterrupted trading, deposit, and withdrawal of funds, as well as the period of operation on the market and the daily trading volume;
- commissions, — the amount of commission for trading operations within the site and the withdrawal of assets;
- reviews and support, — analysis of user reviews and the quality of technical support.
The token is traded on many large crypto exchanges. As for storage, it’s unsafe to leave this cryptocurrency on the exchange: users don’t own their private keys and, in fact, don’t control access to their funds. For secure storage, it’s better to use non-custodial USDT wallets that don’t store your private keys and wallet passwords.